Friday 28 January 2011

Bon Voyage and Jonzi D

So as my disappearance to eastern lands approaches, I am preparing for two new projects.

To follow: Postcards from beyond
Shadow Traces

But for now here is a little info from my next subject in the 'Linked' project, the lovely Jonzi D.

My name is Jonzi D and I am one of the artistic directors here at Sadler’s Wells theatre I do an event called breaking convention which is an international festival of hip hop dance theatre and I’m just right here about to have a meeting with a urm a woman who organizes a festival in France and we’re hopefully going to talk about how we can make partnerships um with this festival maybe [how long have you been doing this] seven years [how did you get into this] I got into it cos I love hip hop I was an old school rapper from back in the day I useder to rap and tour a lot I toured with Gang Starr and Jay Rule the Damager urm I also do performance poetry urm I’ve done a couple of things on TV before urm I’ve hosted a program on TV about dance for the camera on Channel Four… and yeah and um I love my work [did you grow up in London?]I grew up in London East London born and bred…I was born in the sound of the Bow Bells so I’m a true Cockney although living in Islington the accent’s just gone



No comments:

Post a Comment